For more information on our plumbing services please contact us:
Tel: +44 (0) 7717 488 548
You can also fill in the form and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Please include your address and best contact number.
If you would like to leave us a review please also use the contact form.
Terms and Conditions
1. For the purpose of these terms & conditions the following words shall have the following meanings:
(a) “The Company” shall mean Simpson Plumbing Limited.
(b) “The Customer” shall mean the person or organisation for whom the Company
agrees to carry out works &/or supply materials.
(c)The Operative or Engineer shall mean the representative appointed by the
2. The Company reserves the right to refuse or decline work at its own discretion. Where the Company agrees to carry out works for the Customer those works shall be undertaken by the designated operative of Company at its absolute discretion.
3. HOURLY RATE WORK. The total charge to the Customer shall consist of the cost of materials supplied by the Company & the amount of time spent by the operative in carrying out works (including all reasonable time spent in obtaining unstocked materials) charged in accordance with the Company’s current hourly rates. The Customer shall only be charged for the time spent related to the Customer’s work, all other time is non-chargeable. All charges are subject to VAT at the prevailing rate.
4. FIXED PRICE WORK shall be given as a firm cost, (manifest errors exempted) including Labour & Materials. All costs are plus VAT at the prevailing rate.
4a. UNFORSEEN WORKS will be charged as an extra cost to the customer due to time and materials needed to rectify any issues.
This may come into play with walls that need straightening before being tiled. flooring corrected, lath and plaster walls and ceilings that aren’t in good condition which affect the priced works from continuing, extra plastering needed than first quoted.
4b. ESTIMATE- Is a guide price given based upon viewing not inspection, the price may vary if extra works, unforeseen errors occur, we aim to invoice around the figure estimated.
IE: materials might be slightly less but the labour might be slightly more.
4c. MISLEEDING- If the company has been mis-lead by the customer of material type the estimate shall increase due to extra works needed to be undertaken.
Examples as such:
The company has priced for an exposed shower valve, but the customer has supplied a built-in shower valve.
A standard bath has been quoted for installation the customer has provided a free-standing bath.
Above examples will include an addition cost to the final invoice.
TILING SQM PRICE: The tile sqm price has been quoted- this is based on the tiles being a standard A4 paper size ( approx. ). Smaller tiles, mosaics/patterned tiles and ll forms of natural stone tiles – the company will/possibly charge installation at a higher price including any extra materials needed to complete.
Where a written quote ( not estimate ) has been supplied to the Customer the total charge to the Customer referred to in the quote should not exceed the quoted amount but may be revised in the following circumstances:
5.a If after submission of the quote the Customer instructs the Company (whether orally or in writing) to carry out additional
works not referred to in the quote.
5.b .If after submission of the quote there is an increase
in the price of materials.
5.c . If after submission of the quote it is discovered
that further works need to be carried out which were not anticipated when the quote was prepared.
5.d .If after submission of the quote it is discovered that there was a manifest error when the quote was prepared.
5.e . Should a detailed Insurance Report be required in
addition to the quote and invoice then this will incur a nominal charge of
£25.00 + VAT.
6. The Company shall not be under any obligation to provide a quote to the Customer & shall only be bound (subject as hereinafter) by quotes given in writing
to the Customer. The Company shall not be bound by any quotes given orally or
in which manifest errors occur.
7. Our standard payment terms are 7 days from date of invoice, unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing with a director. Any part of that invoice which remains unpaid shall carry interest at the rate of 8% over the Bank of England base rate until payment in full is received by the Company.
7a. MANUFACTURER DEFALTS AND DAMAGED ITEMS – This will not be held against the company’s invoice terms, the company terms still stand.
The company will help to resolve any issues from the manufacturer. There may be an installation charge to replace the faulty item depending on the issue and time taken to rectify.
8. Where the date &/or time for works to be carried out is agreed by the Company with the Customer, then the Company shall use its best endeavours to ensure that the operative shall attend on the date & at
the time agreed. The customer doesn’t provide detailed drawings and changes their mind on design mid project the company can accept no liability to delayed works.
However, the Company accepts no liability in respect of the
non attendance or late attendance on site of the operative/engineer or for the
late or non delivery of materials or 3rd party contractors.
The Customer shall accept sole liability to discharge the Company’s account unless he/she discloses to the Company when initially instructing the Company to carry out work &/or supply materials that he/she is acting on behalf of a third party (including, but not limited to, a Limited Company or partnership) & receiving a written quote) the name of the third party appears on the written quote.
10. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or mid project, materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company.
had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with
11. If the Customer cancels their instructions prior to any work being carried out or materials supplied then the Customer shall be liable for any related expenditure together with the profit that would have been made by the Company had the work been carried out &/or materials supplied in accordance with such instructions.
12. If, after the Company shall have carried out the works, the Customer is not wholly satisfied with the works then the Customer shall give notice in writing within 12 months to the Company & shall afford the Company, and its insurers, the opportunity of both inspecting such works, & carrying out any necessary remedial works if appropriate. The Customer accepts that if they fail to notify the Company as aforesaid then the Company shall not be liable in respect of any defects in the works carried out.
- The Guarantee shall be for labour only in respect of faulty workmanship for 12 months from the date of completion with the manufacturer’s warranty in force. The Guarantee will become null & void if the work/appliance completed/supplied by the Company is:
(a) Subject to misuse or negligence.
(b) Repaired, modified or tampered with by anyone other than a Company
operative. The Company will accept no liability for, or guarantee suitability,
materials supplied by the Customer & will accept no liability for any
consequential damage or fault.
14. The company will not guarantee any work in respect of
blockages in waste & drainage systems etc.
The company will not guarantee any work undertaken on instruction from the
customer & against the written or verbal advice of the operative/engineer.
Work is guaranteed only in respect of work directly undertaken by the company
& payment in full has been made. Any non-related faults arising from
recommended work which has not been undertaken by the company will not be
guaranteed. The company shall not be held liable or responsible for any damage or defect resulting from work not fully guaranteed or where recommended work has not been carried out. The customer shall be solely liable for any hazardous situation in respect of Gas Safe Regulations or Gas Warning Notice issued.
15. Where the Company agrees to carry out works on installations of inferior quality or over ten years old at that date no warranty is given in respect of such works & the Company accepts no liability in respect of the effectiveness of such works or otherwise.
16. Engineers operate under their own Gas Safe Registration & as such are solely responsible for any Gas related work & subsequent liability.
17. The Company shall be entitled to fully recover costs or damages from any operative/engineer/contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship results in the Company being made liable for those damages or rectification of the work.
18. These terms & conditions may not be released, discharges, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by a duly authorised representative of the Company & by the Customer. Further, these terms & conditions shall prevail over any terms & conditions used by the Customer or contained or set out or referred to in any documentation sent by the Customer to the Company; by entering into a contact with the Company the Customer agrees irrevocably to waive the application of any such terms & conditions.
19. Title to any goods, supplied by the Company to the Customer shall not pass to the Customer but shall be retained by the Company until payment in full for such goods has been made by the Customer to the Company. Until such time as title in the such goods has passed to the Customer:
(i) the Company shall have absolute authority to repossess, sell or otherwise
deal with or dispose of all any or part of such goods in which title remains
vested in the Company,
(ii) for the purpose specified in (i) above, the Company or any of its agents
or authorised representatives shall be entitled at any time & without
notice to enter any premises in which goods or any part thereof is installed,
stored or kept, or is reasonably believed so to be.
(iii) the Company shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent the
Customer from selling, transferred or otherwise disposing of such goods.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, risk in such goods shall pass on delivery of the
same to the Customer, & until such time as title in such goods has passed
to the Customer, the Customer shall insure such goods to their replacement
value & the Customer shall forthwith, upon request, provide the Company
with a certificate or other evidence of such Insurance.
20. The Company shall not be liable for any delay or for the consequences of any delay
in performing any of its obligations if such delay is due to any cause
whatsoever beyond its reasonable control, & the Company shall be entitled
to a reasonable extension of the time for performing such obligations.
21. The Company shall only be liable for rectifying works completed by the Company & shall not be held responsible for ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested & not undertaken at that time. These terms & conditions & all contacts awarded between the Company & Customer shall be governed & construed in accordance with English law & shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English law.